I had hosted several dozen domains with several hosting companies over the years. Hostforlife stands out for me for several reasons:
1) Flexible range of options from shared hosting cloud hosting, and also dedicated server
2) Excellent pricing model. I now host 5 sites with them and it costs me a third or the price that my previous hosting company charged me under their "Volume Plan".
3) Flexible access to my server. I like the way that Hostforlife provides a very streamlined and simple interface from their website to all services and domains, whether physical or virtual. The Plesk interface to the web hosting service has immediately made a dramatic impact on my business. I manage everything easily via this control panel, create database, create email, and install wordpress via this panel.
4) Nice layout of webhosting file structure. Maybe it is a dangerous way to do it, but I like the fact that I can see and access all of my directories for all of my users and subdomains in one go. It simplified my management of several sites dramatically as I can copy from one to the other. I think I saved more time and money in two weeks in this way than my hosting will cost me over the next two years.
5) Their support was quick, polite and technically astute. Where I had minor technical glitches in the transfer of one of my domains to them they resolved my questions competently and promptly.