What is Unicheck?Unicheck (ex.Unplag) is a cloud-based plagiarism detection software that finds similarities, citations and references in a set of text.
The Unicheck tool helps educators, students, writers and all those willing to generate plagiarism-free content to timely spot similarities and prevent accusations of cheating long before you may receive them.
The checker has been launched in 2014 by the privately owned European company and has offices in California, USA, Ukraine, and Cyprus. The Unicheck tool has already been presented at these international events: IDCEE, 2014 (Kiev, Ukraine); Online Educa, 2014 (Berlin, Germany), EdTech MENA 2015 (UAE, Dubai),
EUNIS 2016 (Thessaloniki, Greece), Instructurecon 2016 (US, Keystone, Colorado).
Here's a short list of benefits you can explore with Unicheck:
• running checks across the web in real-time, academic institution databases or comparing texts to each other
• quick plagiarism checks: it usually takes four seconds to scan one text page
• reports with highlighted text matches and links to original sources
• only relevant links to original sources including recently updated ones
• similarity and originality percentage
• detecting citations and references in MLA, APA, Turabian and other academic writing styles
• possibility to exclude citations, references, and sources from search results
• scanning texts were written in English, Spanish, French, German and many other languages
• adjusting search sensitivity for each check
• detecting replaced characters to prevent cheating
• selecting multiple files to be scanned for plagiarism at the same time (.doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt, .html)
• secure documents storage
• no changes in text formatting after each check is completed
• no setup and extra programs downloading are required.