For 18 months we were looking for a software that could do three things:
1. Manage our customer database (CRM)
2. Schedule appointments and send automatic reminders to customers (Appointment Scheduling)
3. Assign and dispatch employees to jobs (Field Service Management)
It seemed every software was designed to do one, MAYBE TWO, of these things, but no software could do all three. Then we found HouseCall Pro. It seemed almost too good to be true, but HouseCall does it all for us. We haven't looked back.
Here are the PROs:
1. App for field technicians is awesome! Best I've seen.
2. Strong and powerful integration with Google -- autofills addresses and integrates with Maps.
3. Automatic e-mail reminders sent to customers.
4. Postcard marketing campaigns.
5. Quickbooks compatible.
6. Incomparable customer service. They have a friendly, helpful and intelligent group of people working for them. They are always there to listen to requests and solve problems. The messaging app within the desktop software lets you communicate with them directly anytime. They always seem to respond within mere minutes.
7. They are constantly releasing updates and improvements to the software. It gets better with every release and it shows they really listen to customer suggestions!
We've learned that no software is perfect. HouseCall Pro is pretty darn close, though! Here are the CONS:
1. The schedule view is hard to read and use. When you are trying to get an overview of your resources and availability, you have to scroll left/right as well as up/down. It's made it hard for us, so we still have to rely on Google Calendar to view employee availability when trying to schedule jobs.
2. No automatic reminders sent to employees. There is a push notification one hour before a job starts, but this is not enough time for us. We want an email or test least a day, even a week, in advance.
3. Few customization options. (eg - You cannot rename "professional" to "stylist" or "technician" to suit your industry.) You can't include hyperlinks in follow-up emails to link customers to a satisfaction survey. (They have to copy/paste the address into the browser.)
4. No way to "black out" dates on scheduler for employee time off. Again, we still have to use Google Calendar. Although they just released "Non-Job Events" and this could serve as a possible workaround for us. We are looking into it!
5. The CRM is weak. (No multiple contacts for a business, no way to name different service addresses, no pipeline for making sales, etc.)
All that being said, the pros outweigh the cons. We love HouseCall Pro. It was the best move we ever made and has allowed us to grow and expand our business. Highest recommendations!!! Thanks, HouseCall!